Sometimes there’s a mother. Sometimes there’s a father. Sometimes, there’s a father and a father; and sometimes those fathers are mothers. Sometimes there’s a mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, weird aunties with funny hats, a butler, and old uncles who do nothing but eat rare smelly cheese. And sometimes there’s no one at all…but sometimes, there are boxes. Families come in all shapes and sizes. Even rectangles.
-The BoxTrolls (2014)
The writers of ATLA and Nickelodeon released comic book sets that explain what happened to Zuko’s mother, Toph’s relationship with her parents, how Republic City was founded, and other events that are linked to the Legend of Korra.
The RiftThese comics have keeped me entertained for about 6 hours now … I owe these comics a lot
- 1:Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
- 2:Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
- 3:Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
- 4:Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
- 5:Do you like to use post-it notes?
- 6:Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
- 7:Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
- 8:Do you have freckles?
- 9:Do you always smile for pictures?
- 10:What is your biggest pet peeve?
- 11:Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
- 12:Have you ever peed in the woods?
- 13:What about pooped in the woods?
- 14:Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing?
- 15:Do you chew your pens and pencils?
- 16:How many people have you slept with this week?
- 17:What size is your bed?
- 18:What is your Song of the week?
- 19:Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
- 20:Do you still watch cartoons?
- 21:Whats your least favorite movie?
- 22:Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
- 23:If you're a girl, bra size? If you're a guy, pants size?
- 24:What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
- 25:What is your favorite food?
- 26:What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
- 27:Last person you kissed/kissed you?
- 28:Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
- 29:Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
- 30:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
- 31:Can you change the oil on a car?
- 32:Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
- 33:Ever ran out of gas?
- 34:Favorite kind of sandwich?
- 35:Best thing to eat for breakfast?
- 36:What is your usual bedtime?
- 37:Are you lazy?
- 38:When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
- 39:What is your Chinese astrological sign?
- 41:Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
- 42:Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
- 43:Are you stubborn?
- 44:Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
- 45:Ever watch soap operas?
- 46:Are you afraid of heights?
- 47:Do you sing in the car?
- 48:Do you sing in the shower?
- 49:Do you dance in the car?
- 50:Ever used a gun?
- 51:Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
- 52:Do you think musicals are cheesy?
- 53:Is Christmas stressful?
- 54:Ever eat a pierogi?
- 55:Favorite type of fruit pie?
- 56:Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
- 57:Do you believe in ghosts?
- 58:Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
- 59:Take a vitamin daily?
- 60:Wear slippers?
- 61:Wear a bath robe?
- 62:What do you wear to bed?
- 63:First concert?
- 64:Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
- 65:Nike or Adidas?
- 66:Cheetos Or Fritos?
- 67:Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
- 68:Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
- 69:Ever take dance lessons?
- 70:Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
- 71:Can you curl your tongue?
- 72:Ever won a spelling bee?
- 73:Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
- 74:Own any record albums?
- 75:Own a record player?
- 76:Regularly burn incense?
- 77:Ever been in love?
- 78:Who would you like to see in concert?
- 79:What was the last concert you saw?
- 80:Hot tea or cold tea?
- 81:Tea or coffee?
- 82:Sugar or snickerdoodles?
- 83:Can you swim well?
- 84:Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
- 85:Are you patient?
- 86:DJ or band, at a wedding?
- 87:Ever won a contest?
- 88:Ever have plastic surgery?
- 89:Which are better black or green olives?
- 90:Can you knit or crochet?
- 91:Best room for a fireplace?
- 92:Do you want to get married?
- 93:If married, how long have you been married?
- 94:Who was your HS crush?
- 95:Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
- 96:Do you have kids?
- 97:Do you want kids?
- 98:Whats your favorite color?
- 99:Do you miss anyone right now?
Yeah…what…when did the goat come in? I remember the cold chit chat and awkard eye contact…but no goat.
Something for my feminist theory class.
I’d love to see the reactions to this from a crowd. I can kind of imagine a quiet, solemn understanding from the ladies and a lot of confused questions from the guys… If my memory of art school serves me.
In 9th grade English we read Laurie Halse Anderson’s “Speak”. For those of you who haven’t read it, the author makes it abundantly clear that the teenage protagonist, Melinda, was raped, before the protagonist actually says it.
Our English teacher asked the boys in the class what happened to Mel. They came up with the most ridiculous answers. Every girl in the class just knew.
This just goes to show…
Not all men menace women, but yes all women have felt menaced by a man.
Every girl understands this because every girl knows the fear implicit in this image.
apparently e.l. james called former child star mara wilson (matilda) a “sad f**k” for critiquing the 50shades books a while ago and now there’s a feud. i love it.
I have a love for her that runs deep.
I read The Boss series on her rec. It’s only .99 per book and the first one was free last I looked. Seriously go check it out. It even includes safe sex pratices and makes them sexy! Plus the main female character maintains her independence and decision making and does not demonize other women.
what happened in roughly 1870 though
why was there temporary internet
with a few people searching for pokemon?
It’s a search of Google books, but the question still stands, what the Fuck happened in 1870
I CAN ANSWER THIS!!
In the Cornish dialect of English, Pokemon meant ‘clumsy’ (pure coincidence).
In the mid 1800s there was a surge of writing about the Cornish language and dialect in an attempt to preserve them with glossaries and dictionaries being written. I wrote about it HERE.
I just love that this post happened to find the ONE HUMAN ON THE INTERNET who had the answer to this question